It’s been a while since I’ve posted a round-up of what’s new and what we’re into so here’s the latest:
- Summer time and the livin’s easy. Our deck was in rough shape so I power washed and re-stained it last weekend. Despite the near constant rain we’ve been experiencing lately in Indiana, we’re determined to get some quality time out there.
- The land is still for sale. This means all long-term plans are on hold. Just working through little projects at the current house while we wait to see what the future brings.
- Lighting can change an entire room! I’m on a lighting kick around our house and I have two recommendations/easy changes to make your house homey and cozy.
- West Elm & Rejuvenation light fixtures are beautiful and SO much easier to install than light fixtures from the hardware store. We just swapped out our entryway and upstairs landing for these West Elm flushmounts. Hubba Hubba. They look so good.
- Philips Hue bulbs are a must for us. With all the light swapping we’ve been doing, some of our lamps have ended up in different rooms and I haven’t kept up with updating each bulb’s location in the Hue App. I click on the Office light and my bathroom light turns on instead. I click on my bedside lamp and the upstairs landing turns on. It’s made me realize how spoiled I’ve become by being able to adjust my lights to any color or brightness from my phone. Thankfully, updating them is super easy in the app. I ordered a few more of them last night. Here’s the starter kit we got from Amazon. I think you can order it directly from Philips or get it from Best Buy. We actually have a combination of the color bulbs and the white bulbs. You only need one bridge, then you can add on bulbs at any time. We’ve had our oldest ones for years and never had an issue with any.
- I think I need to do another capsule wardrobe. I just bought a bunch of new summer clothes during a big sale at Gap and the Choose What You Pay Everlane event. It made me feel a little blah. I’m toying with the idea of doing a capsule wardrobe for the fall. If you don’t know what a capsule wardrobe is, head over and check out Caroline Joy, also known by her blog name Unfancy. She’s lovely and she has created a lot of great resources on how to build a capsule wardrobe. A coworker of mine introduced me to the concept years and years ago and I got really into it for a couple of seasons, then slowly drifted back to my old ways of buying tons of stuff when it was on sale, and only really loving a few things.
- Brian’s mom so generously gifted us her piano! I don’t know much about pianos but it is cute as a button. It’s the piano that her mother bought for her when she was young, then Brian and his sister learned to play on when they were children. It’s already got a great big piece of our hearts. It’s in Brian’s office and I’m loving hearing him playing music randomly throughout the day.
- I just love the Marcums!!! If I ever somehow end up living out my life in Idaho (unlikely) I would pay Chris and Julia alllllll my money to come and design and decorate my house. They recently revealed their new home and I’ve been following them long enough to know that they had a vision and it would be great, but they started posting options for some exterior changes and seriously…..killing it, CLJ! Killing it! Cannot wait to see what they do next.
- I booked a trip to Turkey. Travel has always been my very favorite thing to do. We’ve taken some amazing trips together and I’m going to try to get posts on some of our biggest trips on the blog in the month of July. Our Instagram is all travel, so it’s probably pretty weird for people who click over to the blog when there’s zero travel on here.
- Father’s Day is so important. We went to an awesome dinner with Brian’s dad and stepmom and it was just so nice to spend a few hours with them. For folks in the Indianapolis area, if you’re ever out towards Fortville, you’ve got to try Foxgardin. It was our first trip, and we will definitely be back.
That’s what’s new with us this week. Have a great one!